Dr Kathy Devonshire-Gill
- Masters of Clinical Exercise Physiology
- Doctor of Philosophy (Health Science)
- Bachelor of Health Science, Honours
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Human Movement and Health Studies)
- Bachelor of Education (Special Education – Hearing Impaired)
- Advanced Diploma of Teaching (Physical Education)
- Accredited Exercise Physiologist accredited with Exercise & Sports Science Australia.
I am passionate about working with people to help them optimise their quality of life. Having worked in the exercise and education industries for more than forty years, I have the knowledge, skills and experience to design and deliver evidence-based exercise programmes that will enhance your physical, cognitive and mental health status. I relate well to people, and enjoy the synergy that arises when I work with my clients to help them realise their goals. In addition to prescribing land-based exercise, I specialise in water-based interventions. For decades I have been designing and delivering programmes for adult swimmers, from novice to elite. I offer a safe, secure and supportive environment for adults presenting with a vast array of musculoskeletal, metabolic, neurological and mental health conditions. From a personal point of view, I like a simple lifestyle, having a love for all creatures, great and small. Living sustainably and minimising my carbon footprint are a key focus in my life. I am a keen gardener, with an interest in organic, no-dig gardening methods, seed saving, plant propagation and growing my own food. I am also interested in mindfulness techniques and meditate daily.